Are you new to cannabis? Perhaps you’re a long-time medicinal patient or recreational consumer but would like a better understanding of how cannabis works. At Prohibition 37, we believe in education. We’ve seen that greater knowledge results in better choices and a more rewarding overall experience. No matter your stage of familiarity or proficiency, there is always something new to discover.
Got More Questions about Cannabis?
As the cannabis industry continues to grow, new innovations and products are becoming available and creating an overwhelming number of choices. Figuring out what works best for you may involve some responsible experimentation. Never hesitate to consult with our physician-led team. Ask questions, express concerns, share your objectives, and get assistance from our staff. Each of our team members receive weekly training, have firsthand knowledge of our products, and are friendly, dedicated, and truly outstanding people.
Common Cannabis Terms
Here we explained a few basic terms to help prepare you for an enjoyable, satisfying, and beneficial visit to one of our Prohibition 37 medical/recreational dispensaries:
- Indica – While indica refers to the origin of the plant, indica-dominant strains are typically associated with relaxing, sedative effects.
- Sativa – The effects of sativa-dominant strains are usually described as cerebral and energizing.
- Hybrid – These strains are sativa-dominant, indica-dominant or a balance of the two and are often bred to provide specific effects.
- Cannabinoids – While the cannabis plant provides over 100 cannabinoids, THC and CBD are the two most well-known, with each producing different effects.
- Terpenes – Responsible for the distinctive aroma and taste of each strain, terpenes play a role in effects as well, working to amplify or balance cannabinoids such as THC.
- Flower – The consumable bud of the plant can be smoked by way of a pipe, bong, vape or rolled joint or blunt for quick onset of effects.
- Vapes – Vape or dab pens work by heating dried flower of concentrates just to the point of vaporization, providing a flavorful smoke without ash or odors.
- Edibles – Cannabis-infused treats, capsules and beverages such as gummies, cookies and chocolates are easy to consume and provide delayed yet intense and long-lasting effects.
- Pre-rolls – Smokables that are rolled and ready to enjoy are wonderfully convenient, affordable, and portable.
- Concentrates – cannabis concentrates are made by stripping away excess plant matter and leaving behind highly concentrated cannabinoids and terpenes, making them especially potent and flavorful.
- Tinctures – Sold in a compact bottle with a dropper for precise sublingual dosing, tinctures can also be added to foods and beverages and offer an especially long shelf-life.
- Topicals- Cannabis-infused sprays, salves, balms, lotions and more are applied directly to the skin, cause no psychoactive effects, have no dosing restrictions and can be combined with other consumption methods for treatment from the inside as well as the outside.